Below is my best distance as a MPW Award.
9785 Miles per watt - EA6ACA ( Pedro) in the Balearic Islands
Just short of my target of 10,000 MPW by 125 miles.
I've got Europe quite a few times on 1 watt, but its always been between 8000 - 9000 mpw. I wanted to crack the 10,000 mile mark. However getting over 10,000 miles means I have to target a fine area.
This means the eastern seaboard of Spain/ Portugal/ Morocco or the Azores. The western side of Spain is under 10,000. So.. its a fine line. Once I crack the 10,000 MPW, then its time to turn down the power to 1/2 watt to increase my "mileage". Its my own personal challenge I'm having fun with I do from time to time when conditions suit.
In the meantime, I'm building a new QRPp attenuator.
This means the eastern seaboard of Spain/ Portugal/ Morocco or the Azores. The western side of Spain is under 10,000. So.. its a fine line. Once I crack the 10,000 MPW, then its time to turn down the power to 1/2 watt to increase my "mileage". Its my own personal challenge I'm having fun with I do from time to time when conditions suit.
In the meantime, I'm building a new QRPp attenuator.

No comments:
Post a Comment